FMHAC invites you to present at our 2019 Conference March 13-15, 2019
About the Conference
The 43rd Annual Conference of the Forensic Mental Health Association of California will be held from March 21- 23, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Resort in Monterey, CA. The conference will consist of high quality presentations relating to forensic mental health and relevant to medical and mental health clinicians, law enforcement, the courts, parole and probation officers and other professionals working with the forensic mentally ill population.
Presentation Proposals: Deadline Extended - September 1, 2018
What we look for in Proposals
We are seeking proposals that address adult and juvenile mental health, legal, clinical, sex offender, and psychiatric issues as they relate to changes in forensic mental health, evidenced-based best practices, innovative programs with statistical support, and other relevant topics in the field. Presentations addressing current issues, research, treatment and assessment in forensic mental health are also welcome. Presenters are encouraged to specify how lecture, demonstration, and skills practice will be included in the presentation.
- Presentation must be 90 minutes, inclusive of Q&A time.
- Presenters are expected to provide handouts to attendees.
- Handouts will be posted on the website prior to the event and distributed prior to the conference via email. If handouts include any copyrighted materials, they can only be provided to attendees by presenters.
- One complimentary conference attendance per presentation will be allotted for the main speaker.
- Travel and other expenses are not reimbursed.
Please have all of the following prepared before starting the electronic application:
- Presentation Title
- AV needs
- Presenter information including contact information, bio, CV, and "conflict disclosure form" for EACH presenter
- References from previous presentations or description of presentation style
- Narrative summary of presentation (for publication)
- Longer abstract of presentation content
- Subject matter references
- Course Level
- Target Audience
- Learning Objectives
- Timed Outline
- PowerPoint Presentation (rough drafts accepted)